Friday, October 23, 2009

Home

I remember why I fell in love.

The autumn leaves lining the road,

The cool breeze,

The sun.

I look around at the familiar places,

Wanting to stay forever,

But knowing that could never be.

I know that I need to leave,

For it is changing quickly.

If my love were to stay,

I would need to live with the memories,

Not the reality.

My family greets me warmly,

But the house feels foreign.

I belong with them,

But not like before.

The clean floors,

The polished furniture,

Much like the new buildings,

And newly paved roads,

Are not what I remember.

I remember the beat up businesses,

Shoes and dust lining the floor and crevices,

I fell in love.

Though I still am in love,

It is with the past.

And I remember why I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment